In just a short time, we will be celebrating the Jewish New Year 5782. We hope that you will join us for these festive holiday services.
Below is a description of the options we are offering for High Holiday services this year. Additionally, here you will find links with instructions for inscribing names of departed loved ones in the Yizkor Memorial Booklet and information on making a High Holiday Appeal donation. The High Holidays have traditionally been a time when people choose to make donations to help support their synagogue, above and beyond their membership dues. We hope you will consider making such a donation at this time.
There will be several options available for individuals attending in-person or viewing live-streamed services.
- Main Service:
- In-Person: Our traditional service in the sanctuary led by Rabbi Barukh Schectman. We welcome families with children of all ages to all of our services. We believe a commitment to families and children will foster the development of life-long learning and a love of Judaism. Please keep your children seated with you during the hours when the children and youth services and child care are not offered. Children’s and Youth services as well as Child Care are conducted on the first day of Rosh Hashanah and on Yom Kippur.
- Live-Streamed: Our traditional service live-streamed from the sanctuary led by Rabbi Barukh Schectman. This service is broken down into several viewing times throughout each day. A schedule and information on how to borrow a High Holiday prayer book will be available soon.
- Youth & Family Service:
- In-Person: (Ages 8-13) A shorter service of approximately 1 to 1-1/2 hours in length starting at 10:30 AM. B’nai Mitzvah and post B’nai Mitzvah students will assist in leading the service. Parents and other siblings are welcome. All children will need to stay with a parent or in child care after the Youth Service ends.
- Live-Streamed: Same youth service that can be viewed from home. Zoom link to this service will be provided to those who sign up.
- Children’s Service:
- In-Person: (Ages 4-7) This will be a short educational service approximately 1 hour in length with age appropriate material beginning at 10:30 AM. Parents are welcome to attend. All children will need to stay with a parent or in child care after the Children’s Service ends.
- Live-Streamed: same children’s service that can be viewed from home. Zoom link to this service will be provided to those who sign up.
- Child Care: (Ages 0-12) Child care will be available from 10 am until 2 pm, on the days noted on the reservation form. All children will need to be signed in and out by a parent or caregiver and you will need to be prepared to show identification. Parents should pack a dairy kosher lunch for their child and other items like bottles and diapers that your child may need. Please leave your cell phone on vibrate. We will text you if your child needs you. Children may also bring books and toys they want to use or share. Although child care is FREE for children of our members, children must be signed up in advance – please see the reservation form to sign up for services and childcare.
RESERVATION FORM FOR IN-PERSON HIGH HOLIDAY SEATING & CHILD CARE
Seating at High Holiday services is free for each person in your membership. Member accounts must be in good standing. Please fill out the online Member Registration Form or click here to download a paper copy that you can print and mail in. Please list all names of those attending so that we know how many people we will have in the building. There will be a list of those reservations when you enter the building. Everyone must sign in.
As in past years, there will be board members and other synagogue volunteers welcoming you at the door. We again have several new board members who may not have had the opportunity to get to know you or your family. So, when you come in, please take the time to introduce yourself and give them your name so that they can say hello and check you off the list.
Please note that stating your preference to any service does not preclude you from attending a different service choice. Making a preferred reservation now will assist the committee in planning for the services.
VIEWING THE LIVE-STREAMED SERVICES:
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for viewing the services online. Please provide your name(s), and tell us which service(s) you would like to view. That way we can send you the proper links and let you know if there are any changes to the schedule. We will contact you when prayer books are available to borrow.
If any further information is required, please contact the synagogue at email@example.com or call 203-426-5188 and leave a message.